Cream Puff Punishment Chapter Preview – Addison Moore

Cream Puff Punishment Chapter Preview

Cream Puff Punishment

Chapter 1

Lottie

My name is Lottie Lemon, and I see dead people. Okay, so rarely do I see dead people. Mostly I see furry creatures of the dearly departed variety who have come back from the other side to warn me of their previous owner’s impending doom. But right now, the only thing I’m seeing is my husband’s naked back as he moans into his phone.

It’s dark out, an ungodly hour that’s for sure, and apparently, Everett forgot to turn his phone off last night.

“What time is it?” I groan as I reach for my own phone and flip it over, the light from the screen blinding me momentarily. “Three o’clock?” It was my birthday just hours ago, Lyla Nell’s, too, her very first birthday, and we had the most adorable party for her right here at the house. Then after that, Everett gave me a secret library as my birthday gift—something he had our contractor, my ex, Bear Fisher, build into the place. And after that, Noah took me to his old office down on Main Street and recreated the day we first met. The implications were more than romantic, but not long after I arrived I got a text letting me know that Lyla Nell was tugging at her ear, so I came straight home. Noah came over as well and was kind enough to offer to sleep in the baby’s room with her.

“Lemon.” Everett jumps up, and it takes a moment for me to register that he’s hopping into his jeans and tossing on a sweatshirt. “Get dressed. That was Lainey. It’s your mother. There’s been an accident. We need to get Noah.”

It takes less than ten seconds for me to throw on my sweats and meet Noah and Everett downstairs.

“What’s happening?” Evie shouts as she runs partway down the stairs after us. Evie is the seventeen-year-old daughter I share with Everett. And even though I’m not her biological mother, she’s my own in every single way.

“Watch Lyla Nell,” I shout as the three of us dash into the night and hop into Everett’s truck.

“What happened?” Noah barks.

Everett seizes a moment as he takes a hard turn and nearly ejects us all out the window. “Lainey said the fire department received a call from a security guard at the Savings and Loan.” He sighs hard. Lainey’s husband is a firefighter, so I’m starting to connect the dots. “They reported a couple who appeared to have passed out. Lainey said it’s Miranda and Wiley.”

“Miranda and my dad?” Noah asks, stymied by this. “Last I saw them they were at my office.”

I had just left Noah’s old office myself at about nine-thirty, and that hour alone is way past my mother’s bedtime.

“What?” I shake my head, still trying to decipher if this is all a dream. “Noah, what would they be doing at your old place?”

As soon as Noah was hired on as the lead homicide detective at the Ashford Sheriff’s Department, he closed down his private investigative services. And later, that same office was taken over by Cormack Featherby, who opened her own investigative debacle. But it was just a ruse to get Noah back, just like that baby in her belly is—but I digress.

Noah winces. “When you took off, they strolled up the street. I guess they went to a ballet at the new theater and it had just let out. My dad has been trying so hard to win your mother back, I told them they could have at the romantic setup I had laid out for the two of us.” He groans hard. “I bet I know what happened. They were both downing that bottle of Canelli’s hooch you brought over. We never even had a chance to take a sip out of it, so I invited them to it. And you know my dad, he’s not one to let some decent white lightning go to waste. I’m afraid it was too much for your mother, and it sounds as if it took down dear old Pops, too.”

“Is that all this is about?” I breathe a sigh of relief. “Oh, thank goodness. I thought we were going to pull up and find them both dead on the spot from who knows what. It’s not like Honey Hollow is short on homicides.”

Everett glances back at Noah. “Did you say Lemon brought the moonshine?”

“Yeah,” I answer for Noah. “I found it rolling around right here on the floor of the passenger’s side. I hope you’re not upset. Was it for someone down at the courthouse? I’ll get you another bottle to make up for—”

Before I can say another word, Everett puts the pedal to the metal and we park in haste next to an ambulance with its lights blinking like a seizure in the night. A fire truck is parked in front of the Savings and Loan, and I jump out and run to the back of the ambulance where my sisters, Lainey and Meg, huddle in close, holding themselves.

“So are they sloppy drunk or what?” I ask, trying to make light of the situation. Now that I know the facts, I’m more concerned with my sisters’ welfare than I am with my mother’s.

Meg’s dark hair is ratted over her head like an eagle’s nest, her mascara is down to her cheeks, and Lainey’s face is puffy from crying.

Lainey and I share the same caramel-colored hair and hazel eyes. We almost look as if we could be biological sisters, if I wasn’t adopted into the family as an infant.

Lottie.” Lainey collapses her arms around me. “She’s in there.” She nods to the open maw of the ambulance and I poke my head in to see both Mom and Wiley side-by-side being administered CPR as one of the paramedics shuts the doors and they speed off with the siren screaming into the night.

“They’re just drunk, right?” I ask as Lainey’s husband, Forest, steps up and hugs my sister.

“They weren’t breathing when we came upon the scene,” he says, morose, as he looks my way. “No pulse.” He lands a kiss to my sister’s cheek. “I’ll see you at the hospital.”

“Not breathing—no pulse,” I mutter under my breath and the ground feels as if it’s bouncing underneath my feet. “Oh my word, they’re dead.”

Meg and Lainey jump into their cars, and I run to Noah and Everett who are speaking to a security guard—perhaps the one who found them.

“I want this sealed off as a crime scene,” Noah says while spastically texting someone in the process. “I’ve got a few cruisers coming out. You’ll have help soon enough, but right now, I’ve got to get to the hospital.”

“Get in the truck,” Everett barks.

“Wait.” I pull Everett back and look into my husband’s cobalt eyes. “Do you think this is alcohol poisoning? I can’t breathe, Everett. You think they’ll pull through, right?”

His face looks alabaster in this dull light, the life sucked right out of his eyes.

He doesn’t answer.

And that’s the most frightening response of all.

Leave a Comment:

7 comments
jeanann jelinek says May 17, 2022

Sounds like another great story for our lead actors. Can’t wait to get the entire book!

JamesVax says May 19, 2022

Центр биржевых технологий
136

15 декабря 2016

Одесса

Доверительный
Если вы хотите,чтобы вас обокрали.Не заплатили вам зарплату.Заставили открыть на себя частного предпринимателя и платить со своего кармана налоги в налоговую.Вам прямая дорога в ЦБТ. Штрафы по любому поводу.При чем штрафы от 50 уе и выше.Это при зарплате 300уе.Хамство руководства.Постоянные переработки.Самое главное – люди эти не честные!ЕСЛИ ВЫ НЕ ВРАГ СЕБЕ И СВОЕМУ ЗДОРОВЬЮ,ОБХОДИТЕ ИХ МИМО!

Нам очень важна ваша поддержка
Стать патроном
Отправить крипту
Отправить деньги
Мерч Antijob
8 Комментариев
Создайте или войдите в аккаунт, чтобы комментрировать
Анна 20 марта 2021 12:37:15
Даже уголовные дела, которые ведутся против создателя ЦБТ Телетрейд, не могут заставить одуматься сотрудников
Показать полностью
Ответить
Руслан 19 марта 2021 18:05:47
Беспринципность ЦБТ просто поражает. Мало того, что Центр Биржевых Технологий свою обучающую программу ухудшает каждый год, в чем я и мои друзья уже убедились на собственном опыте, так он по-прежнему
Показать полностью
Ответить
Владимир 18 марта 2021 10:57:37
Я видел разные отзывы про Центр Биржевых Технологий, и разные ответы представителей этой компании на те отзывы, но то, что в последнее время сочиняет эта компания, на голову не налазет! Это ЦТБ являет
Показать полностью
Ответить
Василий 7 декабря 2017 05:58:44
Прикольно, что у нас есть такие компании, которые обучают торговать. Я ходил в центр биржевых технологий на обучение в прошлом месяце. Все курсы длились две недели. За это время нам рассказали о том,
Показать полностью
Ответить
Алекс 26 марта 2019 14:09:56
Левый коммент в стиле ЦБТ. Они любят себе везде писать хорошие комменты на ютюбе. Только вот просчитались немного с городом, ляпнули киевский коммент в Одессу. Или я живу в Одессе на другой планете, г
Показать полностью
Ответить
Станислав 20 ноября 2017 02:32:59
В прошлом году я устроился на работу в центре биржевых технологий в Одессе, офис у них на вице адмирала Жукова, 14, недалеко от греческой площади. Офис конечно красивый они себе сделали, видно, что но
Показать полностью
Ответить
hone 7 марта 2017 17:59:44
Доброго всем дня!я работал в так называемой компании центр биржевых технологий а по старому они назывались телетрейд и я вам скажу что это просто шарашкина кантора,которая за счет своих клиентов построила себе 5-ти этажный бизнес центр WS ))) вы только посмотрите какое громкое название WS(Wall Street) и еще рядом 3-х этажную гостиницу.Такие шарлатаны как они должны сидеть в тюрьме. В этой компании работают как они любят себя называть профессионалы с большой буквы а на самом деле просто полнейшие дилетанты,там безусловно есть талантливые ребята которые работают и еще не разобрались в какой гадючник они попали но когда они поймут то сразу уходят от них .Они заманивают к себе большой зарплатой но по факту они находят кучу причин оштрафовать вас на 50 или 100 $ при ЗП 300 и при этом еще говорят скажи спасибо что не 150$ Я имел счастье общаться с многими начальниками но там есть такие уникумы что просто нет слов.Самый большой начальник в “” это Эльвира Александровна большая шишка которая практически все рабочее время проводила в салоне красоты на маникюре или выщупывала себе брови или Леонид начальник компьютерного отдела который думает что он самый умный и ходит по центру как напыщенный индюк и полирует свою лысину до блеска .Я надеюсь что наша милиция в скором будущем возьмется за вас и вы получите за все так сказать хорошее что вы сделали…
Скрыть
Ответить
ghost 29 апреля 2017 03:44:38
всем доброго дня! хочу вас предупредить что бы вы не шли работать в телетреид особенно на 4 этаж там работает упырь по имени лёня да да именно с маленькой буквы “л”,он думает что он самый умный а

Marcoesons says May 21, 2022

НКЦПФР попереджає інвесторів про ризики втрати грошей в “Центрі біржових технологій” та «ISRAEL INVESTMENTS LTD»
25.04.2019
Національна комісія з цінних паперів та фондового ринку попереджає інвесторів про ризики втрати грошей в “Центрі біржових технологій” та «ISRAEL INVESTMENTS LTD».

Ці “проекти” не отримували від Комісії жодних ліцензій, необхідних для здійснення інвестиційної діяльності чи надання послуг з цінними паперами та іншими фінансовими інструментами на території України. Також Комісія не надавала необхідних дозволів на розміщення реклами, яку обидва проекти активно замовляють.

Комісія вбачає в діяльності, види якої вказані на сайтах проектів «ISRAEL INVESTMENTS LTD» та «Центр Біржових Технологій», ознаки можливого зловживання на ринку фінансових послуг.

НКЦПФР, в межах компетенції, здійснила всі необхідні дії, зокрема, зверталась (безуспішно) із запитами до осіб, які розміщують рекламні матеріали, порушила (успішно) справи про правопорушення за безліцензійну діяльність на фондовому ринку.

Крім того, повідомила правоохоронні органи та Службу України з питань безпечності харчових продуктів та захисту споживачів.

Центр Біржових Технологій

Під час здійснення регулярного нагляду за галузевою рекламною активністю аналітики Комісії виявили сторінку “компанії” «Центр Біржових Технологій», на якій громадянам пропонують послуги портфельного інвестування, а саме інвестування у портфель «Клервант», який сформований з акцій найбільших світових компаній і недооцінених активів.

Далі наводимо цитати з відповідної сторінки компанії «Центр Біржових Технологій», які можуть мати ознаки реклами та надання послуг на фондовому ринку, які здійснюються без відповідного дозволу Комісії:

«Повний пакет послуг, що надається Центром Біржових Технологій — надійний фундамент, на якому будується і буде розвиватися ваш бізнес: навчання, програмне забезпечення, торгова система, аналітична і технічна підтримка на всіх етапах, від відкриття рахунку до рішення призупинити або закрити торгівлю»;
«Клеревант» сформований фахівцями компанії ЦБТ — визнаними лідерами по портфельному інвестуванню в Україні. Важливо знати: на момент роботи портфеля ваші гроші знаходяться на рахунку європейського банку. Вони застраховані фондом гарантованого страхування і інвесторським компенсаційним фондом Європи»;
«Унікальність «Клеревант» полягає в надійності і інноваціях. Даний інвестиційний портфель поєднав в собі високу прибутковість акцій найбільших світових компаній і недооцінені активи. Можливість заробити від $ 5 000 до $ 50 000 за декілька місяців. Вигода: максимальний дохід завдяки унікальній стратегії оцінки акцій та інших активів»;
«Центр Біржових Технологій — безумовний лідер за кількістю ВІП-клієнтів серед всіх українських компаній, які працюють на фінансових ринках».
Також аналітики Комісії виявили багато зовнішньої реклами проекту в м. Києві, роликів на радіо, банерів та реклами на багатьох інформаційних ресурсах у мережі інтернет. Як сказано на сайті проекту, “Центр Біржових Технологій” має розгалуджену мережу філій та представництв у багатьох містах України”.

З відкритих джерел Комісія також встановила, що послуги для забезпечення діяльності домену надаються компанією «OVH Hosting Oy», яка зареєстрована в Фінляндії, та використовує віртуальні приватні хмарні сервери (VPS), які забезпечують анонімність власників доменів.

На офіційний запит Комісії про надання інформації від ЦБТ відповідь так і не надійшла.

ISRAEL INVESTMENTS LTD

Далі наводимо цитати з відповідної сторінки компанії «ISRAEL INVESTMENTS LTD», які можуть мати ознаки реклами та надання послуг на фондовому ринку, які здійснюються без відповідного дозволу Комісії:

«Професіонали нашої компанії також можуть створити індивідуальний інвестиційний портфель, з урахуванням Ваших побажань. Він буде доповнений фінансовими інструментами, які допоможуть швидше досягти поставлених цілей. Щоб гроші почали працювати на Вас, покладайтеся на професіоналів!»;
«ІП надає стабільний щомісячний пасивний дохід. Придбати портфель дуже просто: вибираєте пакет, тиснете «інвестувати, заповнюєте просту форму зворотного зв’язку. Все, дуже просто, далі з Вами зв’яжеться наш фахівець. Він надасть повну консультацію і обговорить всі деталі обраного портфеля»;
«Інвестиційний портфель це – різні активи, об’єднані для досягнення певних фінансових цілей. ІП може складатися з золота, нерухомості, цінних паперів, опціонів. Israel Investments пропонує готові інвестиційні пакети, які будуть приносити прибуток незалежно від політичної чи ринкової ситуації. Портфелі доступні для громадян будь-яких країн».
Рекламу «ISRAEL INVESTMENTS LTD» аналітики виявили на багатьох популярних інформаційних ресурсах у мережі інтернет, у соціальних мережах. Відповідно до інформації з сайту, «ISRAEL INVESTMENTS LTD» має представництва в Ізраїлі, Англії, Італії, Швейцарії, та Україні.

Згідно з даними Єдиного державного реєстру юридичних осіб, фізичних осіб-підприємців та громадських формувань, офіційне представництво «ISRAEL INVESTMENTS LTD» в Україні зареєстровано як юридична особа – ПП “ІФЛК “ІЗРАЇЛЬ ІНВЕСТМЕНС” (код за ЄДРПОУ 42620622).

Послуги забезпечення діяльності домену надаються компанією «101domain», яка зареєстрована в США, і також надає своїм клієнтам можливість приховати інформацію про них у загальнодоступних Інтернет джерелах.

На офіційний запит Комісії про надання інформації від проекту відповідь так і не надійшла.

Комісія констатує в обох випадках всі ознаки можливого зловживання на ринку фінансових послуг, що несе загрозу введення в оману громадян та втрати ними значних коштів. НКЦПФР вживає всіх законних заходів щоб мінімізувати потенційно протиправну діяльність та попереджає інвесторів про ризики втрати грошей.

CraigBuh says May 30, 2022

25.04.2019

Центр Біржових Технологій

ISRAEL INVESTMENTS LTD

Сайт проекту «ISRAEL INVESTMENTS LTD» пропонує громадянам послуги портфельного інвестування та п’ять різних варіантів інвестиційних пакетів за ціною від $ 500 до $ 50 000, які “сформовані з дорогоцінних металів, нафти, цінних паперів, криптовалют та стартапів”. Також на сторінці компанії зазначені такі послуги, як управління інвестиційними портфелями, інвестування у різні види накопичувальних фондів та у біржові індексні облігації, надання інформаційно-аналітичних та брокерських послуг.

graliontorile says May 31, 2022

I’ve been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this site. Thanks, I will try and check back more often. How frequently you update your site?

GMiqnvgl says June 3, 2022